Friday, September 23, 2011

Not Now, No


A short post.

Some food for thought:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1209556/500-Days-Summer-Revenge-writing-film-girl-dumped-you.html

Maybe you haven't seen that movie, though.

Some girls don't want to be in relationships?  What?  Are they mad?

No, they're quite sensible.  Not that Summer Finn in the movie was sensible, necessarily, but she figured love out eventually, when it hit her like a ton of bricks.

Recently--and I mean very recently, yesterday late in the evening, if I recall correctly--I realized I don't need all that right now.  Not that one should ever 'need' that; one should always strive to be complete in and of herself.

I work best in that way by distracting myself.  I get involved, I focus on seemingly random things, and, most of the time, I hang with my girls on a Saturday night instead of putting myself out there.

So I'm already fighting half the battle, distractions are great because they don't give you any time to think of the 'space' that might be filled with, say, a 'significant other,' or what have you (or what have you not, -haha-).  But there's still the matter of a healthy mentality to take on.  This mentality needs to be a self-exercise, a self-restraint.

A self-reminder.  No, I don't need someone right now.  I shouldn't 'need' someone ever.  I don't have time for another person in that way in the current state of the complicated equation that is my insane senior year life.

Because that's right, you know.  I simply don't have time.  Oh, I'd certainly make time, if there were someone to make time for.  That's the kind of person I am.  The kind of friend I am.  I'm extremely loyal, dutiful even.  It's one of the few virtues I practice regularly.

I also have an awful habit of being too forward.  Hopefully this self-realization will help me in quashing that habit.

I suppose all of that wasn't very clear.  I ought to sleep.

I must credit one of my friends for inspiration on the whole being sensible thing.  She's doing this 'no-dating-for-a-year' deal with herself.  Amen, sister.  Though I have to say, I'd have to be asked out on dates for that to apply to me, anyway.  That wasn't a darkly stated remark, I'm laughing.  Okay, it was a little dark.  But I'm amused.

Christine out.

PS:  Oh, and I wish I were going to the Maroon 5 concert Friday night.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suRsxpoAc5w

No comments:

Post a Comment